Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What does a Buddhist give up for Lent?

Today, being my 3rd day at work with absolutely nothing to do, I resorted to looking up international holidays that fall on September 15th - yes, I was that bored.


I would like to wish a Happy Independence Day to Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua.
I'd also like to give a shout out to the other countries celebrating a holiday today.

Bolivia is holding their Cochabamba Local Festival.

Happy International day of Peace to the continent of Australia! I wonder if that includes Tasmania...

Happy Nuestra Senora de la Bien Aparecida Spain!

Happy Our Lady Mary of Sorrows day Slovakia!

And last but not least....

Today is also the international Software Freedom Day - whatever that is...

I also found out that Buddhists have a Lent day otherwise known as Wan Kao Pansa - who knew? I mean besides the Buddhists... This falls on that day after the full moon of the eighth lunar month.

What does a Buddhist give up for lent?

1 comment:

Matthew Taylor said...

Way to go Nicaragua! And to celebrate, Survivor Nicaragua aired its first episode last night on TV.

Viva la taco burrito!